Sunday, November 29, 2009

My grandmother

This is a picture (from left to right) of my mother, me, my grandmother, and my two uncles on Thanksgiving 2009.



Thanksgiving was wonderful. I love family gatherings because we usually do not see each other. This Thanksgiving was at my grandmother's house, and I am so blessed to still have her in my life. As most of you know, the tattoo on my back is for my grandfather (her husband) who passed away in 2004. We miss him so much.

My grandmother has endured A LOT in her lifetime. Recently, her brother passed away.. Lemme tell ya'll.. I tried SO HARD not to cry.. But when we were saying our final goodbyes before the coffin was closed.. I saw my grandmother just, NOT wanting to let go.. She stood in front of my uncle's coffin for a long time, just crying and talking to him.. I burst out in tears and sat next to her at the burial.

Please, ya'lls.. APPRECIATE AND LOVE YOUR FAMILY. Live every day as if it's your last, because tomorrow is NEVER ever promised. We hear this so often, but only when something DRASTIC happens, do we really feel it and feel motivated to live by those words. Don't let it be too late.

I love my family, close friends, and my wonderful subbies that keep me inspired and motivated to LIVE and do what I love to do. I love each and every one of you.

<3 Leina

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephie said...

i'm sorry for your family's loss. my prayers go out to y'all. i definitely appreciate my family and your post reminded me how precious life really is!

November 30, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home